Self Development Preschool’s curriculum for children ages 4-5 addresses the concepts taught in regular kindergarten. This curriculum prepares students to already be one year ahead when they enter kindergarten the following year. Parents rave about the pre-kindergarten program — read their testimonials here.
The state content standards include the following:
- The arts (dance, theater, and visual arts)
- Comprehensive health (promoting safety and good health)
- Foreign and native language (understanding and appreciation for diversity)
- Reading (letters, sounds, vocabulary, reading, and comprehension)
- Writing (organizing ideas, simple sentences, know upper and lower case letters)
- Mathematics (counting to 20, sums to 10, sorting, and classifying)
- Sciences (observe using senses, perform simple measurements, compare objects)
- Social studies (learn about Native Americans and explorers, sequence historical events, discuss current events)
For more information on Arizona Academic Standards, click here.